Water mist nozzles
UL has the most comprehensive fire-safety testing capabilities in the world. We've been providing one-stop testing and certification of sprinklers for more than 100 years.
Our fire safety division's suppression team can investigate and list water mist nozzles in accordance with the proposed UL2167, Standard for Water Mist Nozzles for Fire-Protection Service. We also assist in the development of custom fire-safety solutions, such as:
- Fire testing
- Corrosion and exposure testing
- Operation and sensitivity testing
- Physical strength and leakage testing
- PDPA and PIV measurements for sprinkler spray drop size and velocity
- UL2167, Water Mist Nozzles for Fire-Protection Service
- IMO 800 (19), Revised Guidelines for Approval of Sprinkler Systems Equivalent to that Referred to in SOLAS Regulation II-2/12
- NFPA 750, Standard on Water Mist Fire Protection Systems
The UL advantage
UL testing and certification services offer several advantages to both manufacturers and users of fire suppression equipment. One advantage is product listing in the appropriate UL product directory. UL directories contain a list of companies that have demonstrated compliance with UL requirements and applicable standards and are authorized to use a UL Mark. The directories are considered invaluable resources by thousands of regulatory authorities, building owners and insurance companies.
UL can also help you reduce time to market by offering efficient and flexible services from an industry leader in fire-safety certification. Because UL offers comprehensive, state-of-the-art testing facilities and a highly experienced technical staff with extensive code knowledge, the UL Mark is immediately recognized and respected by professionals in fire safety around the world.