Re-visit the CES conference track presented by UL
UL partnered with the Consumer Electronics Association in January to present the conference track titled “Energy and the Smart Grid Home” at 2012 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, United States. The conference provided the attendees in-depth view of how thought leaders from industry and government envision the near future of smart homes in three sessions exploring “LED Technology”, “Energy Generation” and “Energy Savings”.
If you missed the opportunity to learn about these intelligent technologies in person, we are now delighted to inform you that the videos of the three sessions are available on UL Knowledge Services Web site. Simply go through an easy registration and you will have access to our recorded conference for free.
LED Transformation (Length: 50:58)
Moderator: Mr. Todd A. Straka, business development director, Global Lighting, UL
• Mr. Terry McGowan, director of engineering, American Lighting Association
• Mr. Andrew Lindstrom, director of business development, Philips Lighting North America
• Dr. S Pekka Hakkarainen, vice president, Lutron Electronics Co. Inc.
Energy Generation (Length: 61:35)
Moderator: Mr. Jeff Smidt, vice president and general manager of energy and industrial systems, UL
• Mr. Thomas Kimbis, vice president of Strategy and External Affairs, Solar Energy Industries Association
• Mr. Brewster McCracken, executive director, Pecan Street Inc.
• Mr. Kevin White, senior market development Manager, solar & smart energy systems division, SANYO Energy (USA) Corporation
• Mr. Doug Payne, executive director, SolarTech, an Initiative of Silicon Valley Leadership Group
Energy Saving (Length: 32:25)
Moderator: Mr. Michael Shows, global energy efficiency program owner, UL Verification Services
• Ms. Katharine Kaplan, ENERGY STAR® product development, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
• Mr. John Taylor, vice president of Public Affairs and Communications, LG Electronics USA, Inc.
Apart from the video resource, we have also made our report “Insights from 2012 CES” available in major Asian and European languages:
- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
Get smart today and re-visit our CES conference now. If you would like to receive regular updates on standards and technology development from UL, you are most welcome to sign up for UL’s e-newsletters:
High-Tech/ Wireless/ EMC/ Payment & Security: High-Tech Direct
Lighting: Lumen Insights
Renewable Energy: Energy Outlook
For enquiries, contact Truda Chow, business development manager for Consumer Electronics.