Product safety tips
Halogen torchiere lamps
You can reduce the risk of fire in your home resulting from improper use of a halogen torchiere lamp by following these precautionary measures.
- Carefully read any and all safety instructions, warnings and markings that accompany the product before use.
- Never place materials such as clothing and towels on the top of a torchiere lamp.
- Never place a torchiere lamp near an open window where a strong breeze could blow drapery onto the lamp bulb.
- Avoid placing lamps in locations where they may be easily tipped over by children or pets.
- Never use torchiere lamps in children's bedrooms or playrooms. Children may play with lamps or unknowingly place combustibles, such as stuffed toys or clothing, too close to the bulb area.
- Keep torchiere lamps away from elevated beds or bunk beds where bedding may get too close to the bulb area.
- Always turn off or unplug the lamp before removing or replacing bulbs.
- Never attempt to replace or discard a bulb that is hot to the touch.
- Never use a bulb of a different style or higher wattage than recommended by the manufacturer's use and care instructions.
- Never operate any lamp with missing or damaged parts or components.
- Avoid leaving high-wattage (more than 100 watts) halogen lamps on when you leave the room or when you are not at home.